Creating and editing report layouts for documents, like order confirmations or invoices, using the standard reporting tools for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is a time-consuming process. Even the smallest layout changes require large investments. With Document Creator: no more! Document Creator makes it easy to create and edit report layouts, saving a lot of time on report development. By the intuitive report designer and separation of code and layout, also end-users without technical knowledge can make changes to report layouts.
Saves a lot of time
Document Creator is an add-on for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central that saves you a huge amount of time. Both creating new layouts and editing existing layouts becomes an easy task as you can preview your report directly from the designer with the actual document data from your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central database.
Feature-rich report designer
Document Creator includes an easy-to-use standalone report designer (based on proven technology, used since 1998, in >50 countries, by >20K users) enhanced with various features tailored to support natural and efficient report development for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. The report designer is rich in functionality, think of the following features:
- Easily add fields and controls via drag & drop,
- Generate barcodes from a field/expression, with support for a large number of barcode types (including, but not limited to, Code39/93/128, EAN-8/13/128, UPC-A/E0/E1 and QR codes)
- Preview changes directly with data from Dynamics 365 Business Central,
- Export to various output file formats (including PDF, Word and Excel),
- Render HTML embedded in Text-objects,
- Use advanced controls, including Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), Subreports, Shapes, Charts and Rich Text.
Essential features for 365 Business Central
On top of that, Document Creator adds numerous essential features to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central itself, think of the following features:
- Automatically archive and restore previous versions of your report layouts
- Create custom export profiles to customize how reports are exported to PDF, Word and Excel
- Customize the translations for your report labels directly in Business Central
- Export and import layout packages from one Business Central database to another
- Convert report layouts from classic NAV reports or RDLC report layouts
Features and benefits
- Save a huge amount of time on layout development
- A feature-rich report designer (no limitations compared to the standard report tooling, just much more possibilities)
- Preview your changes directly from the report designer with actual data
- Export to various output formats (including PDF, Word and Excel)
- Smoothly use Document Creator layout reports next to your existing RDLC or Word layouts (no disinvestments on existing reports)
- Classic Dynamics NAV and RDLC report layout conversion
Want to learn more about Document Creator?
Visit our product website www.document-creator.com for more information about the product, pricing and to download a free demo version for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central on-premise.
Working with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central online and like to get started right away? Just click the “FREE TRIAL” button to try out the Document Creator app. Please contact us to receive a free trial product key.